All about Humor Without a doubt, people of any ages respond to humor. It adds spice and a prism of colors into their lives. As a matter of fact, each one has a kind of humor that characterizes personality and identity. A sense of humor is an innate personality that an individual could have. With this character, you will be able to make your friend or the crowd amused, laugh or smile at something you have just said. More so, the personal taste of this humor is greatly influenced by culture, geographical location, maturity and intelligence. Though there are a number of people that could respond to your humor positively, there are also individuals who find the behavior bizarre and irrational. Nevertheless, it is of utmost importance that you know to whom you will initiate or make the comedy. The Different Types of Humor Just like personality that have many facets, humor also have different kinds. In this section, you will be able to find out which kind of humor does your sense of comedy falls into. So let’s get started!
- Loving type: Bonding humor. The bonding humor has the capability to lighten up the mood of the crowd. It does not employ aggressive attacks but rather down-to-earth and warm jokes.
- Temperamental humor. If a person is facing challenges in life and does not take it seriously, he is characterized with a temperamental humor. In this way, he only make fun and laugh over the mistakes that occurs in his life.
- Aggressive type: Put-down humor. In this kind of humor, the joker tends to make criticisms and/ or ridicule other person. Whenever he did, its impact is usually noticeable since it can create negative effects on the other person like embarrassment. Also at this point, the joker calls his hands-off whenever he is put into the test.
- Self-degrading humor. In this humor style, the joker tends to make fun of himself for the benefit of the crowd’s laughter or entertainment. Though it is funny, self-respect is usually degraded. In the long run, it may result to anxiety or depression.
- Boosts the immune system. Laughter as a result of humor can decrease stress hormone level. In this manner, the number of antibodies and immune cells increases.
- Decrease pain perception. Humor can stimulate the release of endorphins that helps lower perception of pain.
- Improves mood. The release of happy hormones like endorphins can help alleviate mood. More so, the decrease in the number of stress hormones also has its shares.
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Laughter can help improve blood circulation.
- Relax muscles. Humor will relieve physical stress and tension. This usually results to relaxed muscles.